Wednesday, December 5, 2012

New year pop-up card

Hi Friends,
Took a small break from card making since I was busy making scrapbook for my father's 60th birthday.Today I finished my challenging card..thats a pop up card.I have tried making pop up cards before but somehow it had never gave me satisfying results.So for ICRC 24 I thought I shall try it again.This time I went out of my comfort zone and picked up silver paper and acetate.Embellished it with an origami star that I leanrt from a you tube video.I have stamped on acetate and also added glitter.Sentiment are stickers.
And here comes the most exciting part the pop up..To be frank I am proud of this pop up..It came out really well..as I used score board for the same so I did not mess with the straight lines.It has 2013 and a bunch of heart balloons!
Here is my card..




Another + point in today's post is that my photos have come very nicely because I made my own light box..thanks to Sunehra..she mentioned abt this video from eHow.
Submitting this card to
ICRC24



Thanks for visiting my blog!!

7 comments:

  1. Very beautiful, Smita!! All elements have come out greatly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a delight to see pop up cards and you are right the scoring makes all the difference to a perfect pop up mechanism!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty interesting. I love this.

    Sudha
    sudha-kalra.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  4. A job well done..... :D

    Ash... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks fabulous Smita. Really!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card..Thanks so much for playing with our challenge on ICR...:)) Turned out ab fab.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for appreciating my work..!
Smita